Getting fit is on the minds of most people. However, many people are not consistent and fail in the first three months of an exercise program. But if it becomes a habit and they stick to it, something magical happens after four months. You are finally getting the results you expect and chances are you will continue with the exercise program.
Here 10 simple tips to help you with your fitness success.
- Get Moving: Resolve to be active in a variety of physical activities on a regular basis that will develop strength, cardiovascular capacity, and flexibility.
- Prime the Pump: Resolve to participate in physical activities that involve the large muscle groups of the body.
- Let Your Muscles do the Work: Resolve to lift weight or use resistant exercises to place demands and challenge your muscles.
- Loosen Up: Resolve to stretch regularly before and after or during exercise. Remember to move your muscles through their full range of motion on a regular basis.
- Win the Losing Game: Resolve to maintain your weight at an appropriate level. If you need to lose weight, a general rule to follow is to eat less and exercise more (both in moderation).
6. Watch What You Eat: Resolve to eat a healthy diet. Good nutrition equates to good health. Good nutrition involves providing your body with the required nutrients in appropriate amounts.
- Chill Out: Resolve to keep matters of your life in proper perspective. Know what factors you can and cannot control in your life. Don’t stress out over those things beyond your control. See change as an opportunity, not a threat.
- Get Plenty of Rest: Resolve to get enough sleep. The basic guideline concerning how much sleep you need is whatever enables you to feel refreshed, alert and in relative good spirits the next day. Sleep helps to rest and restore your body both physically and mentally.
- Keep Your Focus on the Task at Hand: Resolve to make time to exercise on a regular basis. Consistency gets results. Focus on the muscle you are exercising. Don’t just go through the motions.
10. Keep in Mind that ìThere is no Free Lunch: Resolve to commit to sound lifestyle choices. For example, don’t smoke. Maintain an appropriate level of body fat. Avoid the latest fitness and diet fads, magic potions and exercise gadgets that seem too good to be true (they always are).